Welcome to the Foundation Stage Page – The Beginning of an Educational Adventure
Learning Through Play whilst Walking Kindly in the Footsteps of Jesus Christ as we Live and Learn.
- Spring Term begins 8th January 2018. Half-term begins on Monday, 19th February. Spring Term ends 29th March 2018.
- We ask for a contribution of £2 per term, per child to cover the cost of items such as cooking and playdough ingredients, together with snacks for Forest School days. Please hand to any member of staff. Thank you.
- PE is every Monday – FS2 children must have the correct, named kit in school. FS1 children remove shoes and tights or socks, so please ensure they can manage their own shoes.
- Library books are changed every Thursday.
- Reading books are checked every Monday and Friday and will be changed on those days if your child is ready for a new book.
Forest School Sessions (Group 1 in the morning): 18th January, 25th January, 8th February 2018.
Forest School Sessions (Group 2 in the afternoon): 1st March, 8th March, 22nd March 2018.
Staff Names and Roles:
Foundation Stage Leaders – Miss Chapman Foundation Stage Co-ordinator and Foundation Stage 1 Teacher and Miss Lancashire Foundation Stage 2 Teacher
Teaching Assistants – Mrs Taylor, Miss Vaughan and Mrs Scott
Care Assistants – Ms Boulton and Mrs Owen.
Useful websites to support your child’s learning at home during our ‘Voyage of Discovery to China and Ghana’ topic:
http://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/literacy/letterformation/ – number and letter recognition and formation
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/ladybird-spots – counting and matching the corresponding numeral
https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows/numberblocks – understanding numbers to 10
https://www.bbc.co.uk/education/clips/zcj9wmn – listening to Anansi stories
https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/chinese-dragon-ordering – ordering and sequencing numbers on a Chinese dragon
https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/watch/chinese-new-year – Chinese New Year information and video for young children
https://resources.hwb.wales.gov.uk/VTC/ngfl/re/b-dag/ngfl-container/re-unit2-en.html – Easter story activities