Welcome to the Foundation Stage Page – The Beginning of an Educational Adventure
Learning Through Play whilst Walking Kindly in the Footsteps of Jesus Christ as we Live and Learn.
- Spring Term begins 4th January 2017. Half-term begins on Monday, 13th February. Spring Term ends 31st March 2017.
- We ask for a contribution of £2 per term, per child to cover the cost of items such as cooking and playdough ingredients, together with snacks for Forest School days. Please hand to any member of staff. Thank you.
- PE is every Monday – FS2 children must have the correct, named kit in school. FS1 children remove shoes and tights or socks, so please ensure they can manage their own shoes.
- Library books are changed every Thursday.
- Reading books are checked every Monday and Friday and will be changed on those days if your child is ready for a new book.
The second session of Forest School for the second group takes place on 9th March, 16th March and 23rd March.
Staff Names and Roles:
Foundation Stage Leaders – Miss Chapman Foundation Stage Co-ordinator and Foundation Stage 1 Teacher and Miss Lancashire Foundation Stage 2 Teacher
Teaching Assistants – Mrs Taylor, Miss Vaughan and Mrs Scott
Care Assistants – Ms Boulton and Mrs Owen.
Useful websites to support your child’s learning at home during our Celebrating Me topic:
http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks1science.html – naming body parts
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/makes/special-day-picture-maker – creating self-portrait on the computer
http://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/literacy/letterformation/ – number recognition and formation
http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks1science.html – identifying sounds
http://www.getinthezone.org.uk/schools/ages-4-11/ages-4-5/game-brilliant-bodies/ – identifying facial features
http://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/gingerbread-man-game – counting how many buttons on the gingerbread man
http://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/gingerbread-man-game – matching gingerbread men to tray – number of objects and matching numeral