YEAR 6 HWK Wednesday 30th January – Due Thursday 31st January
Watch this video of the beginning of ‘The Greatest Showman’! It will show the first 20 seconds at normal speed, then slowed down.
- Use this video to create your BEST WORD / PHRASE / SENTENCE BANK yet! Complete the frame given in class. Fill it so that you have lots of ideas to use when we write in class on Thursday!
- You must focus on Setting / Atmosphere; Feelings; Action. Use your FIVE SENSES (touch, sight smell, taste and sound) to do this.
- Use third person (He, they, she, it) and PAST tense.
- Write for the reader…let them see it, smell it, feel it, hear it…take them there! Show them…paint the video in words!
- And remember! Re-read EVERY word / phrase / sentence the moment you’ve written it, checking for grammar and sophistication. Third choice options only!
Add your three greatest ideas to a comment box below. Share your writing expertise!
Still have time for something else? Comment on someone else’s slow writing:
One: Say something positive “I really like how you have tried to use some powerful verbs in your writing. It helps bring it to life.”
Two: Ask a question By asking a question, you are encouraging a reply and you are engaging the author. “Your writing makes me think that you may have read some Michael Morpurgo books. Which story inspired you to write this?
Three: Suggest an improvement “To make this even better, you could change the way you opened the final sentence. Can you think of an adverb that would work? Leave a comment with some ideas.”