Hi Year 5! I hope that you’re all having a lovely time at home, completing your packs and doing some fun activities at home. I’d love to hear from you and what you’ve been getting up to so far.
This event will go down in history, and I thought it would be a great idea for you to write a diary during your time off, so that you can remember everything when you’re older! Use a note pad or blank book, and each day write down what you did and how you felt, adding reflections – it’s like a time capsule!
If you need any help with your work, remember the 5r’s which will hopefully get you out of the learning pit. If you’ve tried everything, then please write a comment and i’ll get back to you.
The humidity was unbearable. Perhaps when the entered the temple it would be cooler?
The group had been travelling together for days, fighting their way through the jungle. They had exhausted themselves wrestling with vines and branches, drenched in sweat as the heat attacked them.
All around them the air was heavy; each breath was a gasp. The jungle climate was oppressive, and they were in need of rest.
As the group hacked their way through the dense foliage with their machetes, they had glimpsed the hidden temple. Approaching the door with a sense of growing trepidation, they knew they had to go inside; curiosity and desperation had got the better of them…
Continue this story by commenting in the boxes below, if you want to write lots then write it on paper.
- Can you make a list of feelings to describe how you would be feeling before entering the temple?
- Could you start a sentence with 1,2 or 3 of these emotions?
E.g. Nervous and shaking, I stepped through the doorway, preparing myself for the worst.
- What does ‘trepidation’ mean? Why might they be feeling it?
- Who are ‘the group’? Why are they in the jungle?
- What does ‘curiosity and desperation got the better of them’ mean?
- Would you venture into the temple?
- What might they find inside?
- Do you think all of the group want to go in?
- Why is the floor green?