Welcome to the Year 2 BRW Home-School Learning Page
Hello Year 2!
Welcome to our home-learning page!
The blog is our way to stay in contact and I can’t wait to hear about all your learning successes at home (I’m missing your faces at school already)!
Every day you should try to do some of the following:
- Exercise – take part in the Joe Wicks’ morning workout. He will upload a video at 9am each day on his Youtube channel. Get moving and get your heart pumping! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- Reading! As Dr Seuss said, “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Read as many exciting and interesting books as you can.
- Handwriting – practise your letters in your new handwriting books.
- Number Facts – Log onto Mathletics / Times Table Rockstars / https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button for at least ten minutes every day.
- English and Maths – complete the English and Maths daily lesson I have provided below.
- Wider Curriculum- try a challenge from the Wider Curriculum PDF below.
Try to do a few minutes of each activity each day. If you get stuck or overwhelmed, take a few minutes to draw a picture, do some colouring or watch your happy video on the blog! Contact me on here if you need any help!
If you would like to practise a variety of spellings, here are the spelling lists you would have been given for Summer Term 1:
Here are your spelling lists for Summer Term 2:
HOME-LEARNING FOR EACH WEEK WILL NOW BE POSTED AS A BLOG PAGE SO THAT THIS PAGE DOESN’T GET TOO FULL. PLEASE REFER BACK TO THIS BACK TO THIS PAGE IF YOU WANT ANY EXTRA ACTIVITIES. 🙂
ACTIVITIES FOR W/C 20TH APRIL 2020
Click the links below for your lesson plans and resources.
Monday’s files are too big to upload so follow this link: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/ and use Lesson 1 (finding three quarters).
Knowledge organisers to help you: t-m-31124-year-2-fractions-maths-knowledge-organiser_ver_3 t-m-31476-year-2-length-and-height-maths-knowledge-organiser_ver_6
Rising Stars Reading Planet Guide:
Other useful websites you might like to go on: