Welcome to the BRW Home-School Learning Page
Welcome Year 5 to your online classroom!
This page is where we can stay in contact and share your learning from home.
Every day you should aim to do 1 hour of school work a day.
Make sure you have a good place to complete your work, that is quiet and has no distractions!
Here’s how it will work:
- Aim to complete 1 hour of school work a day
- You already have a pack from school, which includes Maths, SPaG and Reading.
- I will continue to post ideas/activities for you to complete on this page.
Some suggested activities:
- Maths and SPaG revision from your pack
- Whiterose has a page with a learning powerpoint and activity to complete https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-5/
- Reading paper from your pack
- Mathletics / TTRS / Hit The Button
- Read as many books as you can and tell me all about them when we’re back at school
- Handwriting – practice your spellings in your handwriting books
- Use the liturgy planning sheets to plan a liturgy linked to the word of the week.
- Retell the Last Supper, making links to scripture, hymns, prayers and artwork.
- Annotate the ‘Mystery of Faith’ making links to scripture/hymns and answer the following questions:
- What do you think is the meaning of the words: mystery of faith?
- What is the same about these three responses, what is different?
- Recall the work on the Advent/ Christmas topic, Hope, about Jesus coming again at the end of the world, why do you think two of these responses include the words: Until you come again. What do you think this means and why is it here?
- What sacrifice is the Eucharist a memorial of?
- Log into Oddizzi and complete fun activities linked to Greece/Europe or anything you like!
- Create a fact file about Greece or Ancient Greece
- Create a piece of artwork inspired by Damien Hirst’s kaleidoscope
- Create an Eco poster about something you’re passionate about.
- On the 28th March it is Earth Hour. Switch off all electrical for one hour and do an activity that doesn’t involve electricity or devices!
- Use your coding log in’s to complete coding online
- Create some Greek food/hummus and write instructions of how to make it.
- Practice your gymnastics movements: tuck, pike and straddle. Can you make a routine using different movements, shapes and travel?
- Joe Wicks’ workout videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3LPrhI0v-w
- Practice your dance ‘Zero to Hero’
- Cosmic Kids Yoga https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Attached is your log in sheet.